Monday, February 1, 2016

I love teaching the gospel!

I have made it to Jamaica! It is so much different than Texas! But that’s alright! The driving is absolutely ridiculous! Everyone drives so fast and so loud! There are little motorcycles everywhere just zipping in and out of traffic! My trainer got hit on Thursday by a car! But he is ok just some scrapes! I am currently stationed in Junction and it is a super mountainous part of Jamaica! It’s really awesome to look but not so fun to ride a bad bike that is about 5 sizes too small for me and doesn’t shift! 

Our area contains everything from tons of people hanging out at the million bars there are on the side of the road to the shacks that are made of mud and sheet metal. It is so awesome to see these people barefoot with practically nothing on running around! It is so awesome because they are so happy! That is something I have learned this week! Is that when I think I have it bad or people in America have it bad they really don’t! These people are thankful that they have a wonderful land to live in and somewhat of a roof over their head!

It has been hard to understand a lot of the people because they speak so low and mumble. Most of time I have no idea what they are saying so I just nod my head and agree with them and then start talking to them! 

Our branch has about 20 active members and our Branch President is blind! Church was pretty awesome yesterday because it was so small and the meeting was actually great! I love how church no matter where you are, is practically the exact same! That is what is so fantastic about the gospel! That wherever you go the gospel is the same and is for every person! 

Our apartment is a bright pink complex and has no air conditioning. Therefore we have the windows open and have a breeze as our AC. We have 4 Elders in our apartment so it’s different than Texas! 

Don’t have a ton of time but we have committed 8 people to baptisms in February and have some really cool people we teach! The work is a lot more accepting here and it is so awesome! I loving teaching the gospel and inviting people to come unto Christ!

Love,


Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment