Monday, February 29, 2016

The work is progressing, our investigators are progressing and so am I!

This week has been a little different! On Thursday we weren't allowed to go out because of elections and how wild it gets during elections! So we stayed in the apartment and studied and planned all day! Interesting day but it was alright! Then our baptism fell through because she is not doing well! She has been in the hospital in Kingston all week so that fell through, but as soon as she gets out we plan on baptizing her!

We have been able to really see miracles this week! Our solid investigator Brother Cooper has prostate cancer and really bad arthritis, so bad that he really can’t sleep, he just has to walk around at night? But anyway we were able to give him a blessing! The next day we met with him he was so excited to tell us what had happened! He said that it worked! The power of God is real! He didn't have any more pains and he is able to sleep at night now! How amazing it was and what a testimony to me of the power of the priesthood! I can’t explain how happy he was and how happy I was as I was listening to him testify of the truthfulness of the priesthood!

Last night was interesting as well! We got a text saying to get off the streets and get inside NOW! So my companion and I are an hour away and down the huge hill to our apartment! We were a little antsy so we start hustling to get in! The reason we had to go in was a recount in the ballots for the elections! I guess it was getting a little out of hand in Kingston and people were angry so we had to be locked up again all night! Hopefully these elections are done soon!!

The work is progressing! Our investigators are progressing and so am I! So everything is great here! I am thankful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord!!


Elder Hansen



No comments:

Post a Comment