Monday, December 21, 2015

I'm in Brenham, Texas!

Good morning to everyone! I made it to Brenham, Texas. There is literally not a mountain in sight! I am so disoriented it’s not even funny! But the town is pretty small. My companion and I are over a branch. The branch has maybe a 100 people in it and the boundaries for the branch are huge! We sometimes drive an hour to get to get to places within the branch boundaries. But all of the members are super nice! I have never seen so many wranglers and cowboy boots at church! haha Probably about 95% of the men in the branch wear wranglers and cowboy boots to church including the Branch President! We eat at a member’s home every night so that’s way cool!

    At church yesterday this guy was standing in the back just doing nothing. So we told him to come sit by us. By the way this guy is obviously not a member. He was pretty sketchy looking...While he’s sitting next to me I’m thinking oh you know new investigator. Just walks in, wants to be religious! Nope not the case. And so while the deacons are passing the Sacrament he pulls out his phone and calls someone. I'm just waiting to see if he was going to start talking. So he starts talking and tells whoever he is talking to that there is no breakfast here. All of my hopes went out the window! Anyway, as the first speaker gets up he heads out. I was sad for the guy because he didn't want to stay for church but also that he was hungry for some breakfast.

     My companion is Elder Ross. He is a pretty cool guy! He’s been out in the field for 3 months in the same area we are in right now. He is from Morgan Utah. Every companionship that I meet has got somebody from Utah. It is a bit ridiculous. It’s just us two in our apartment. The apartment is way nice, it has 2 bathrooms, washer and dryer, big living room, and a big kitchen. I'm scared to get used to living like this because when I get to Jamaica it’s going to be hard to live in a shack. The apartment address is 1120 Green Street Appt. 3 Brenham, Texas. 77833.

     I also want to say how much better being out in the field is than in the MTC. The MTC was great and all, other than you're practically in a prison. Putting all that I’ve learned in the MTC to use is a lot better. We are always very busy meeting less active and recent converts, and also teaching the investigators that Elder Ross had before I got here. 

      Yesterday as we were tracting we were just about done with this one neighborhood that nobody wanted to hear anything. It was time to leave and head to a dinner appointment when I thought we should stop by one last house. So we did...and they let us in so we taught them about the Book of Mormon. They want to hear more so that was exciting to find someone brand new for the first time. I’m just so glad to be out here actually serving the Lord now! Sometimes when people are rude or just slam the door it’s not too fun but I know that as we continue to work our hardest we will find Joy in everything we do!


Elder Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment